IN Engineering + Surveying (“the Company”) works to make our premises, services, products, and equipment available to all people, respecting their individual needs, dignity, independence, and equal opportunity. This policy outlines our provisions for people with disabilities.
This policy applies to all prospective or current employees of IN Engineering + Surveying, as well as contractors and visitors/clients, who possess a disability of any kind that restricts them in various ways.
- Review policy annually to ensure our provisions remain current.
Health and Safety Representative
- Observe to see that the requirements of the law and this procedure are adequately followed.
- Ensure that this policy is followed correctly by employees, including any accessibility training if necessary.
- Assist with any accessibility needs identified, and report to the Supervisor any new issues.
At IN Engineering + Surveying, we have taken action to ensure that people with disabilities will be able to move about safely and easily as is pertinent to their role within the offices (client/visitor, contractor, employee).
Disabilities that this policy refers to include but are not limited to:
- Conditions that require the use of wheelchair or other movement support device or mechanism
- Physical impairments that obstruct everyday activities (e.g. opening doors, walking up stairs, reading signs, etc.)
- Visual, hearing, speech, or mental impairment
- Conditions that require assistance or constant medical care
Other conditions are subject to the Company’s judgement and will be considered individually.
The Company has made several provisions for people with disabilities. We have:
- Implemented a website in accessible format;
- Supplied moveable chairs in our Reception area and Boardroom so that we can accommodate wheelchairs;
- Have noted in our employment postings that we are an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process; and
- Are currently established in an office building with elevators, ramps, and accessible parking nearby.
- This policy and its procedures/provisions work in conjunction with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We allow assistive devices, service animals, and support persons to be in the Company’s premises for as long as their services are needed. In areas where animals are prohibited by law or because of Company policy, we will have a sign. Receptionists or other employees are obliged to inform people with disabilities.
We encourage anyone who encounters any problems, malfunctions, or deficiencies to report them to their immediate supervisor.
This policy will be part of initial employee orientation training; it will also be covered in H&S Training.
Andrew Melchers, P. Eng Date May 26, 2021